Our core goals
The Big Picture – the World When Peter launched Nutri Troops, his dream was to engage with as many children in as many schools as possible, and improve their health, fitness and nutrition. That’s a big and admirable ambition, right? Right.
But it’s only part of the picture. A very BIG picture. In these very early stages of Nutri Troops’ development, we’re already seeing a bigger goal. Inspired and encouraged by Professor Greta Defreyter, Nutri Troops is already looking beyond education.
Success in “Good Health and Well-Being” will certainly be a significant achievement. But “Good Health and Well-Being” is only one of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). And they have 16 more:
1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
10. Reduce inequality within and among countries
11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts [n 10]
14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
16. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development
Each goal will benefit significantly from collection and intelligent use of data, from the generation that will inherit the consequences of the problems, and take the responsibility for solving them. Data that Nutri Troops will collect in a non-intrusive, non-distorted way. Data that’s not collected to sell and make money, but to change the world for the better!